Tuesday 4 August 2009

Incapacitated

So much for my posts becoming more regular! It has been a combination of school holidays and a bad back. Thankfully it's something I haven't suffered from before, but last week I was putting a box into the dresser and my back just gave way!

It necessitated a phone call to the Doctors and Stephen collected my prescription for me: anti-inflammatories and painkillers. Several days later, things seem to be getting better. Hopefully there won't be too many more days shuffling and hobbling around!

On a brighter note, I did a little Etsy shopping and treated myself to a necklace from a seller in the States. I didn't have to wait too long and this is what arrived.



Such pretty packaging. And inside certainly didn't disappoint.

It gets better .....................


Retail therapy can certainly go some way towards aiding recovery!

Digressing completely, you can't miss the current blogland vintage and handmade fairs lovefest. And isn't it always the way that there is never anything like that here in Wales?

A friend and I were moaning about this fact and are thinking of putting on an event like that here in Wales. But before we do, I thought I would see whether there would be a demand for this type of event. Well, what do you think? Please comment and de-lurk and let me know your thoughts. Who knows, it could become a reality.

4 comments:

Lazylol said...

Lovely treat!
Hope you are fully recovered soon :)

P. said...

When my baby, now five, were younger, I was always struggling with my back, sometimes I could hardly breathe. So I sympatize with you because I know how it is. I hope you recover soon - I usualy took five days to be well again.

Alfazema

bigbucketgirl said...

here's a shout from west wales, 2 actually because i know a maker/artist who agrees, that we love the idea and will help!

A Time for Stitching said...

I'm sure there would be a demand. I'm from South Wales and would definitely be interested. Hope you're fully recovered soon