Monday 6 April 2009

Kitten Update


I've just come back from the vet - it's nothing serious.

The vet thinks that the infection is a result of a bite - from Dulcie. Possibly she went to pick up the kitten and didn't get the right spot. That sounds plausible as she accidentally bit me when eating some chicken from my hand. That became infected and was all swollen and full of pus.

The vet took him into the adjoining room and cleaned out the infected area. I was practically in tears as I could hear the little thing crying. He had an injection in his tummy and I have to take him back for the next 3 or 4 days for more injections until it's cleared.

So we were all stressed out - but hopefully he's on the road to recovery! Unlike my wallet!

7 comments:

GigerVamp said...

Poor thing. Hope he gets well soon.

cupcake studio said...

Awww, bless his heart...those are the sweetest baby kitties!

Unknown said...

Ohhh poor little thing, poor you too, its very hard hearing your animals cry. Poor wallet too, it's a complete killer going to the vets!
Have a happy Easter.
Rosie x

blushing rose said...

Poor little one. Hope he gets well soon. Love your blog.

Come join our Mother's Day Contest on my blog ~
blushingroseboutique.blogspot.com

I am a feedsack collector.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Livvy and Me said...

They are so cute! Hope all is well, would love to hear how your London ventures went if you did them, apologies for being absent for so long, you will see a new blog and the reason! Jennifer

mo said...

Those kittens are the cutest! I am glad to hear she is on the mend. We had a Siamese growing up. She was with us for about 19 years and was such a great cat.

crimsoncat05 said...

eek, such cuteness! I'm glad it was nothing too serious... they are so sweet when they're little, when they can't quite focus their eyes.
(That's right before they turn adventurous and get into everything under the sun, of course. Arthur looks a little confused by the kittens- do they try and play with him, now that they're a bit older?)