My new skills projects are finished - and it wasn't too painful either. In fact the most difficult part was choosing the fabric combinations. Very difficult when you have boxes and boxes of fabrics to choose from!
I managed two designs: a sailing boat and cupcake. After all everyone loves a cupcake don't they? And having opted for a cupcake design, I decided to go with vintage Laura Ashley as the main fabric.
I used some very delicate vintage 1940s (I think) cotton for the top of the cupcake and topped it with s vintage button.
With such a girly bias, I felt that I ought to make something for the boys. Which meant that a sailing boat was next up on the sewing machine.
Red are blue is such a traditional nautical colour scheme, but it always work so well. And of course there had to be a vintage button embellishment.
I have developed the bug for this machine embroidery malarkey and no can't wait to try some more designs. But in the meantime, I have pictures sitting in my studio and looking for new homes.
If they catch your eye and you could see one in your house, they are in my Folksy shop.